Louisiana State University, Juris Doctor, 1995
Moot Court Board; Winner, Tullis Moot Court Competition before the Louisiana Supreme Court
Louisiana State University, B.A., Political Science, 1991
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Senior Executives in State and Local Government, June 2007.
Honed skills necessary to provide effective leadership to constituents and improve the function of government.
- Stanley, Flanagan & Reuter, LLC – 1999 to September 2008.
Attorney focused on litigation matters before all Louisiana state and federal courts and small business transactions. Practice included commercial litigation matters for companies of all sizes, casualty litigation, and advising businesses on a wide range of legal issues.
- Phelps Dunbar, LLP – 1995-1999.
Attorney in maritime litigation section.
Member: New Orleans Bar Association, Federal Bar Association, American Bar Association, Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (former and founding member).
- Pre-election to office: Pro Bono Project Volunteer; past chair of Rebuilding Together, partnered with Shell Oil Company; Board Member of the Baronne Street Neighborhood Association; Commissioner of Twinbrook Security District; Member, Junior League of New Orleans; Volunteer, Preservation Resource Center; Volunteer, Dress for Success; Volunteer; Louisiana Children’s Museum.
- Current: Board member Food and Beverage Museum, Piazza d’Italia, New Orleans Tourism Marking Corporation, New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau Board, Public Works Chair, Housing and Human Needs Committee Co-Chair, Special Official Journal and New Orleans Register Ordinances Committee Chair, Special Remote and Evening Meeting Feasibility Study Committee, Youth and Recreation Committee, Governmental Affairs Committee, Sanitation Committee, Special Arts and Culture Committee, Special Development Projects and Economic Development Committee, and Special Disaster and Recovery Committee.
- Married to Jeremy Thomas Head, a senior manager in tax consulting at Southern Wealth Management, LLP. Two children and one dog. Uptown resident since law school graduation (except for a brief stint in the French Quarter). Renovated and returned to commerce multiple residential properties in New Orleans. Member of Trinity Episcopal Church.